Mr. Rajesh Patil
Mayurbhanj is a huge district so there are major issues in the supervision of the developmental projects said Mr.Rajesh Patil. The challenges are:
1.Suhas district is highly forested; almost 40% of the area is densely forested.
2.Many projects under so many government schemes & supervision of that is very important.
He believes that the Digital initiatives are required as thousands of projects are running in the district so as a collector he felt that a mechanism of supervision is required to make a data very updated and authenticated with real time analysis.
He explained that they implemented many apps to monitor many schemes like MINA. Mayurbhanj IAY NREGA Allied App (MINA) is a major step towards the goal of better transparency and accountability through ‘m-Governance’ by collecting real time field information for easy monitoring & supervision of programs like MGNREGA, Rural housing, Sarva Sikhya Abhiyan(SSA) activities and Day to day facilities provided to residential SC/ST schools. All the applications were made in such a way that it also works offline looking at the connectivity issue in the district. Mr. Rajesh also shared that only 30% area of the district is yet to be connected with internet and phone lines.
Sunil Kumar Srivastava
District : Maharajganj
Mr. Sunil Kumar Srivastava Additional collector Maharajganj explained that the district came under the existence on 02th October 1989 & is situated at indo-Nepal border.
He talked about the initiative called Grievance Relation System which aims to establish good governance, communicate amongst common people, shorten the time of Compliance and to deliver government services faster, a Grievance Relation System has been established using ICT where anyone can register his Grievance from anywhere and anytime. They have established a Call center to inform complainer and to check out satisfaction of complainer. The way of registration is accessible over Phone calls, SMS, e-Mail, Social media as Facebook, and District website. There is also an arrangement for re-compliance in case of unsatisfaction responses. The compliances should be reported within 10 days and without audio, video and photographs, the team will not be able to accept the grievances. The District online website is regularly updated and displays all beneficiary lists on the websites.
Ms. Smita Kulkarni, deputy collector from Sangli district presented the case study of e-initiatives. The objective behind all these e-initiatives is to provide the citizen centric Services and to avoid unnecessary expenses. This ICT technique provides a Citizen Centric Service delivery system, which would be a transparent and an accountable system, for a speedy disposal saving both Public & the govt. expenses. This would cater the public in PDS. This proficiency is managed through various branches, such as;
• Official Website of District Collector, Sangli
• Mining Monitoring System
• Biometric System for PDS
• Case Management System
• Employee Management System
• CCTV surveillance and Biometric Attendance system
• e-Tendering & e-Auction System
• e-Muster for MGNREGA
• e-Lokshahi as Complaint Monitoring System
• Digitization of Land Records
• Public Alert System (Bulk SMS)
• Use of Social Media
e-Setu project has already won the scotch award and special award in 2013 from government of Maharashtra.
Dr. Ashok Kumar Bhargava
District- Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh
Mr. Rajesh Kumar Singh represented District- Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh on behalf of the District Collector, Dr. Ashok Kumar Bhargava.
Major Initiatives taken by the district:
• Niruj –THE CURE- HMIS and public health awareness system.
• e – Budhar- Pilot Block for Digital Block Project
• Janpad Sanchar- Video Conference and IT enabled Monitoring System.
• Voice based SMS- IT enabled communication to ensure free and direct information flow between the administration and ground staff.
• Jan Sunvai- Effective Grievance Redressal System at District Level.
• Vehicle Tracking System for PDS- GPS Based timely distribution of PDS goods.
Dr Ashwini joshi
District- Thane, Maharashtra
Dr. Ashwini joshi was recently elected as the District Collector of the District- Thane, Maharashtra. So she has presented what Mr. Velrasu Periyasamy has done in the past years.
She talked about the following about e- initiatives:
- FJMS is a Software application which is used to track the movement of file and references with the organization.
- It maintains a consistent watch over movement of various important documents in the process of decision making
- Monitoring helps in making important decision at different levels in an organization
- Empowers with strong Management Information System (MIS) which generates various reports and provides a daily performance report and an Arrears List.
- FJMS maintains departmental as well as employee details search or trace any file
Mr. Umesh Pratap Singh
District : Kanpur
The objective of e-government initiatives is to empower the citizens of the district said Mr. Singh. The second goal is to maintain Work flow management & monitoring. The third goal of the initiatives is office automation, tendering, procurement and license services.
To Reduce the Infrastructure cost, Global Accessibility, Reduce time of Delivery, Transparency and ULB’s Performance Monitoring, Kanpur Municipal Corporation has initiated to use ICT in ways so as to monitor the assurance of Public services in the district. Following are the goals on which this initiative has been designed;
- e- Tendering of all the works
- Project Works Management and Work Flow Management
- Estates, Stores Management and Procurement
- Personnel Information System
- Accounting System
- Solid Waste Management- GPS Enabled Garbage Collection Vehicle (Trucks) Monitoring Online, Garbage Collection – Online Weighbridge Data and Verification and Monitoring System
- Paper less Payment Process- All the payments are made through RTGS/NEFT/ECS system.
- Online Grievance Redressal System- Citizen can register their complaints online or on toll free number.
- Online Citizen services at WARD level for: -Birth and Death Registration, Public Grievance Redressal, Self assessment of property, Bills ,payment and receipts, Water/Sewerage Tax , Bills ,payment and receipts, Trade Licenses , Rent and Booking Fees .